What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is all about making up our mind. The mind plays an important role in achieving all kinds of success and goals in life. Mind is always with us when we are awake, asleep, alive or dead. But unfortunately the mind is the least important priority for many of us.
In other words, the area in which most of us are the least knowledgeable is the mind. As a result, we are unable to handle our mind successfully in different situations, because we have no idea how the mind works. Therefore many individuals find it difficult to face the problems they come across in their day to day life.
Psychotherapy aims to help you to develop successful skills to cope with problems in your life. It also helps you to face difficult time periods in life.
How to decide whether you need psychotherapy?
Millions of people visit psychotherapists every day. Many researches show that the people who do so benefit themselves from such interactions.
Medication vs. Psychotherapy
Medication and psychotherapy are two different approaches of treatment. But they can go together and produce better results. But some individuals do not need drug therapy unless they have a psychiatric illness.
How to conduct psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is mainly conducted on individual basis. (Group therapy is also available.) Every client will be assessed individually through an interview, and a rapport will be established with the therapist. Once the problem is identified, the most suitable techniques and methods can be explored. Psychotherapy techniques are mainly focused to increase awareness about everything and increase capacity of self observation.
The areas mainly focused in psychotherapy are,
Clinical psychology, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, mental rehabilitation, hypnotherapy, art therapy (play, music, dance and drama therapy), occupational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and psychoanalysis.
Myths about Psychotherapy
1.Therapy is for people with serious illness
This is absolutely wrong. It is recommended for everybody.
2.Therapy is common sense
Psychotherapy has its own art of techniques which cannot be achieved by common sense
3.Therapies are all about money
There are number of easy ways to make money. Psychotherapy is one of the difficult and complicated issues which many people cannot do successfully. The therapists should have a special interest to dedicate themselves for this type of work.
4.Therapy is unnecessary if you can just talk to good friends
The relationship with a therapist is totally different to friends, relatives and others. Therapists are professional experts in such situations, and they have their own way of dealing with life problems.
5. People who go for therapy are weak
This has been a common myth in the society for long time. Everybody needs some assistance at point in their life, no matter how strong they are. Certainly, the people who can’t seek assistance are the really weak ones.
Mind is the most ‘hurting’ thing in any one’s life but it has an unbelievable capacity to heal.Our mind is structured to create any changes we desire. But just because of the limited beliefs we have, we are stuck on to a poor frame created by our selves.
Psychotherapy is used to correct the following problems worldwide.
- stress, depression, negative thoughts, low self esteem, lack of motivation
- pains, headache, migraine, psychosomatic illness, post traumatic pain, fast healing.
- bad habits, smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, nail biting, undesired behaviors.
- fears, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety, social phobias.
- sleep disorder, night mares, poor sleeping.
- sexual problems, psychogenic sub fertility.
- poor performances, academic improvement, athletics, confidence, creativity, decision making, emotional issue.
- allergies, asthma, arthritis, auto immune disorders, psoriasis, acne, excessive sweating.
- eating habits, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, irritable bowel syndrome, motion sickness.
- speech problems, stuttering, stammering, voice loss, snoring, public speaking.
Natural Relaxation Music