HYPNOTHERAPY

Hypnotherapy

 


  • Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness, which enables communication with the subconscious mind. It is a state of concentrated, focused awareness. 
  • Hypnotherapy is an internationally accepted therapy used to treat psychological problems, by using hypnosis.
  • Hypnosis  is a completely a natural state which we come across every day.  Hypnotherapy is totally free of side effects.

Hypnosis


Our mind has two parts.

  1. Conscious mind.
  2. Subconscious mind (deep mind).

iceberg phenomena 
  • Conscious mind takes up about 10% of the mind and the remaining 90% is the subconscious mind.

This can be explained using the iceberg phenomena.

  • Conscious mind is dominant when we are awake, and it controls the conscious activities of our day today life. (eg. Logical, analytical, editing, attorney..etc..)
  • Subconscious mind controls emotions, habits, memories, talents..etc. The subconscious mind behaves like a child. It can be changed easily.
  • In a normal state of consciousness, our conscious mind covers the subconscious and avoids things move into subconscious mind. It acts as a filter. The conscious mind always thinks logically and rejects the suggestions entering the subconscious mind. It does not allow to change the subconscious.
  • But the subconscious mind is dominant in special occasions. It occurs when we are dreaming, relaxing, meditating deeply and when we are very emotional.

Hypnosis is used to bypass the conscious mind and speak to the subconscious. To reach this goal the mind should be concentrated and relax.

concentrated and relax

There are a number of ways to relax the mind. These techniques may vary according to the individuals. A number of audio, visual and imaginary techniques can be used for it.

imaginary techniques
imaginary techniques
imaginary techniques

When we relax, our brain wave patterns keep changing. In hypnosis the alpha wave is more dominant.

dominating

At this occasion the person will be in the state of relaxation, in between sleep and wakefulness.

relaxation

This state of relaxation can be used to communicate with the subconscious mind and insert the suggestions that are required in order to achieve the desired changes of mind. This is the basis of hypnotherapy.

Hypnosis is a direct route to the subconscious mind.

This can also be called as reprogramming the mind. This is very effective. Our mind has a limitless capacity to be reprogrammed !

reprogramme

Clinical Hypnotists are not the only group of people  who use this technique. Professionals who seek public attraction use this to get across  to people.

eg. Politicians. Commercialists, Artists.etc

artists

Hypnosis is such a powerful way of dealing with mind !!!

The peculiar thing about hypnotherapy is this.

Hypnotherapy deals with subconscious mind, whereas others deal with conscious mind.

This is the century of mind.. So give hypnotherapy a chance..!!

centaury of mind


Frequently asked Questions.

  1. Is this effective? – yes. About 85% patients respond to hypnotherapy.
  2. Does it have any bad effects? – not at all. This is a very natural type of treatment. There are several illnesses that hypnotherapy is not recommended. Patients should be assessed individually before hypnotherapy.
  3. How quick are the results? – this depends on the individual and the illness or condition. Some clients need several visits and follow ups.
  4. What are the (applications) conditions treated by hypnotherapy?

Mind is believed to associate with many problems. They are termed as PSYCHOSOMATIC conditions (or illnesses). Therefore it is difficult to find a problem which is not related to Hypnotherapy.

psychosomatic conditions
psychosomatic conditions

 

 

In brief hypnotherapy is used to correct the following problems worldwide.

  • stress, depression, negative thoughts, low self esteem, lack of motivation
  • pains,  headache,  migraine,  psychosomatic illness, post traumatic pain, fast healing.
  • bad habits,  smoking,  alcoholism, drug addiction, nail biting,  undesirable behaviors.
  • fears, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety, social phobias.
  • sleep disorders, night mares,  poor sleeping.
  • sexual problems, psychogenic sub fertility.
  • performances, academic improvement, athletic, confidence, creativity, decision making, emotional issue.
  • allergies, asthma, arthritis, auto immune, psoriasis, acne, excessive sweating.
  • eating habits, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, irritable bowel syndrome, motion sickness.
  • speech problems, stuttering, stammering, voice loss, snoring, public speaking.
  • weight loss
  • past life regression, spiritual enhancement.